thought

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 15:08:43 EDT 2021

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 6:03 AM Quentin Bock <qberz2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a recent thought about someone's wifi/network connection and password.
> Could it be possible to create a program that will randomize a new password
> every 24 hours (letters and numbers) and when the program is opened (or
> notification would be sent) you can see the new password to log into the
> wifi?
> If so what would be required to do this, and what skillset would you need
> to write this code if possible. If this isn't possible with python, then
> what program is it possible with?

Generating passwords is easy. How do you manage the logins though? Is
it going to involve reconfiguring the wifi router? If so, you'll need
knowledge specifically about the router you're working with.

For the basic idea of "a new password every X time", I'd recommend
looking into Time-based One-Time Passwords or TOTPs. They're often
used for two-factor authentication (those things that say "enter this
six-digit number" are usually TOTPs), and for that purpose, they
usually cycle about every minute or thereabouts; but the same ideas
would apply to a daily password too.

ChrisA