Has anone seen or know of a CFFI wrapper for PDCurses?

pjfarley3 at earthlink.net pjfarley3 at earthlink.net
Sun Jun 13 03:49:10 EDT 2021

Hi All,

I have been investigating the possibility of wrapping the PDCurses DLL on
Windows (or even better the PDCursesMod fork) using cffi instead of ctypes.
The unicurses project tried this using ctypes 11 years ago but unicurses
hasn't been worked on since 2010, and it shows its age.

I think I have figured out a reasonably clean way to do it using the cffi
ABI interface with a "cleaned up" copy of the provided "curses.h" header
(using the API interface looks to me like it would be quite a bit more work
for this library; not impossible, but a lot more work).

Before I go down this path I wanted to ask here if anyone else has already
been down that way, or knows of a project that wen that way, and if so what
roadblocks and/or successes were seen?

I also asked this question on the cffi mailing list, but that seems to be a
low-traffic list.  In any case, I haven't gotten any response there yet.

TIA for any references or advice you can offer.

Peter