Python app setup

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Tue Jun 1 14:29:15 EDT 2021

On 5/31/2021 2:20 PM, Murali Pa wrote:
>     Hi,
>     I've installed latest version of Python 3.9.5 and downloaded for Windows.
>     Once I click on the Python app, I'm getting command screen
You are getting the Python interactive interpreter.  This is different
from the system command line console/terminal in which you enter system
commands.

> and not sure on  the next action.

Enter a Python statement.  See the Python tutorial which explains.

> could you please help me to fix this issue.

If you wish to run a python program in a file, you have to enter a
command line in the system terminal, click on the file, or load the file
in an IDE such as IDLE and run it from there.  See the chapter of the
doc Using Python for your system.

>     Python 3.9.5 (tags/v3.9.5:0a7dcbd, May  3 2021, 17:27:52) [MSC v.1928 64
>     bit (AMD64)] on win32
>     Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>     >>>

Enter the first line of a statement, or if using IDLE, a complete statement.

>     Disclaimer: The information in this email is the property of IBM and may
>     be IBM Confidential and privileged. It is intended solely for the
>     addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
>     not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
>     action taken in reliance on it is prohibited. If you receive this message
>     in error please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of
>     this message.

When one sends a message to a mailing list or newsgroup, this is
complete nonsense.  The 'addressee' is anyone and everyone in the world.
  Try to avoid it if you can.

--
Terry Jan Reedy