Python app setup

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 15:45:46 EDT 2021

What you've got there is a REPL, or Read-Evaluate-Print-Loop. It's good for
quick little exploratory tests.

For actually writing code, most people would prefer to use PyCharm or
VSCode or IDLE. You may find that IDLE has come with your CPython install.
Personally, I prefer vim+syntastic+jedi, but I realize that's not
everyone's cup of meat.

If you have an application you want to install that is built on Python,
rather than write your own code, there will probably be a pip command you
can run, or a setup.py to use. If this is the case, let us know.

HTH.