Searching pypi.org, is there an 'advanced search'?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sun Jul 18 04:30:32 EDT 2021

Peter Otten <__peter__ at web.de> wrote:
> On 18/07/2021 03:40, MRAB wrote:
> > On 2021-07-17 13:01, Chris Green wrote:
>
> >> pypi.org is a wonderful resource but its size now demands a better
> >> search engine.
> >>
> > There's always Google. I find that the search terms:
> >
> >      "google contacts" pypi
> >
> > finds some results.
>
> With a small modification
>
> "google contacts" site:pypi.org
>
> the number of results goes down to 25 (of which 13 are shown by default).

But of course that only finds places where the words "google contacts"
occur together.  I think I (OP) should probably try:-

    google contacts site:pypi.org

I don't use Google but I tried it on my preferrred search engine
(DuckDuckGo) and it produces rather more than 25 results but, as
they're sorted (among other things) by the distance between the words
'google' and 'contacts' (I think) it produces the sort of result I was
hoping for.

Thanks all.

--
Chris Green