Tkinter widgets for desktop database application

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Jul 13 16:24:48 EDT 2021

I'm writing a couple of database applications that use tkinter, and not a
web browser, for the UI and I'm still trying to determine the optimal way to
do this.

Individual tk and ttk widgets (LineEntry, Combobox, etc.) work for adding
and modifying individual database table rows but not for displaying multiple
rows returned by a SELECT statement. To view all rows returned by the SQL
statement would a pythonReport be used?

I'm working on learning to use tksheet as the sole widget because it can
display multiple rows from a database table as well as add new rows and
modify existing ones (one or more columns in each row).

What have other developers used for the UI on a stand-alone database
application not using a web browser? I've struggled with finding the most
efficient and optimal non-brower UI for months and would like to have a
solid path toward a working solution. I know too little to make this
decision and want advice, suggestions, and recommendations from experienced
developers.

TIA,

Rich