A beginning beginner's question about input, output and . . .

Peter Pearson pkpearson at nowhere.invalid
Thu Jan 14 12:04:33 EST 2021

On Wed, 13 Jan 2021 21:46:08 -0000 (UTC), Grant Edwards wrote:
> On 2021-01-13, Peter Pearson <pkpearson at nowhere.invalid> wrote:
[snip]
>> Browsergui is not widely popular (I don't think anybody but me has
>> mentioned it on this newsgroup), but it was written to be simple and
>> Pythonic, and has served me well.  Browsergui just uses your browser as
>> its user interface.  Grab it from
>>
>>     https://github.com/speezepearson/browsergui
>
> I've been browsing through to documentation and examples, and I don't
> see any way to do any sort of modern flexible layout (e.g. nesting
> horizontal and vertical flexboxes) where you can control which
> elements grow/shrink when the window size changes.
>
> Is there a way to span columns/rows in a grid or control which columns
> grow/shrink?
>
> Have I missed something?

I doubt you've missed anything important, though I'm not sure because
I haven't done any of the things you mention.  Browsergui is minimalist.
If you've done the "python -m browsergui.examples" and don't see
something like what you want, it's probably not there.

I like Browsergui for simple tools that require a little more
interaction than straight command-line utilities: exploring the effect
of various value-settings on some curve on a graph, or exploring the
ranges of values in a CSV file, or (most recently) rearranging the
order of image files in a list.

--
To email me, substitute nowhere->runbox, invalid->com.