Application window geometry specifier

Python python at bladeshadow.org
Wed Jan 13 23:32:33 EST 2021

On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 03:02:05PM +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2021 at 2:43 PM Python <python at bladeshadow.org> wrote:
> > > it is far FAR better to put control in the user's hands
> >
> > I love how you dismissed that the semantics I described gives MORE
> > control to the user, not less, without actually sacrificing anything.
>
> Actually, you give control to the application, and then the
> application has to choose to give it to the user.

Right, because unless the user can somehow execute instructions
directly on the CPU via some sort of direct cerebral link, all control
the user has over the behavior of the applications comes... from the
applications.

> But apparently, this thread has devolved to this kind of total
> dismissal

For which you are entirely the cause.  I simply responded in kind.
Apparently you don't like it any more than the rest of us do.