A beginning beginner's question about input, output and . . .

Grimble grimble at nomail.afraid.org
Wed Jan 13 10:54:10 EST 2021

On 11/01/2021 20:37, DonK wrote:

> Hi, I'm thinking about learning Python but I'm 74 years old and will
> very likely not ever have a programming job again.
At 83, I have no intention of having a programming job again! I last
coded something professionally 45 years ago, but it hasn't lost its
attraction.
> So, what do you folks use Python for?

I have several scripts to help with activities for the charity that
keeps me occupied. I've written a shopping list script with
auto-completion and a couple of web-scraping applications that support a
weather reporting application interfacing with various 1Wire sensors
transcribed from an initial Ruby application. My largest GUI application
is a database of personal contacts with input and output of data via
vCards and .csv files (with a lot of mentoring from an American Gtk user!)
I find this a fascinating news group - shame there's been no updates to
Friday Finking recently!

--
Grimble
Registered Linux User #450547