Application window geometry specifier

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:07:23 EST 2021

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 10:02 AM Igor Korot <ikorot01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But for my dialogs (especially for dialogs where I need to ask for
> credentials) - I don't think I want
> WM to do my job.
>
> Again - we are talking positioning here and not size/client size.

And I don't think I want you to do the WM's job.

You're welcome to keep going to great effort to do the wrong thing,
but be aware that nobody will appreciate the work you're doing, and in
fact are more likely to curse you for it. Just save yourself a LOT of
hassle and let the WM do its job. It knows the user's wishes better
than you do.

ChrisA