New Python implementation

Mr Flibble flibble at i42.REMOVETHISBIT.co.uk
Sat Feb 13 21:13:31 EST 2021

On 14/02/2021 00:19, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 11:14 AM Mr Flibble
> <flibble at i42.removethisbit.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 13/02/2021 23:30, Igor Korot wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> But most importantly - what is the reason for this ?
>>> I mean - what problems the actual python compiler produce?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>
>> I am creating neos as I need a performant scripting engine for my other major project "neoGFX" and I want to be able to support multiple popular scripting languages including Python.
>>

> Until you have actually produced a (mostly) compatible Python
> implementation, can you please stop making these repeated and baseless
> jabs at CPython's performance? You keep stating or hinting that
> CPython is somehow unnecessarily slow, but unless you have some code
> to back your claims, this is nothing but mudslinging.
>
> CPython is not as slow as you might think. And PyPy is highly
> efficient at what it does well. Show us that you can do better than
> these before you call them slow.
>
> At the absolute least, show that you have something that can run Python code.

It isn't just me that is saying CPython is egregiously slow: it is at the bottom of the list as far as performance is concerned. Python is undoubtedly the biggest contributor to climate change of all the programming languages in mainstream use today.

See: https://thenewstack.io/which-programming-languages-use-the-least-electricity/

/Flibble

--
😎