Best practices for software architecture in Python

Oscar jornws200602 at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 11 07:10:21 EST 2021

In article <slrns27jrh.1m0.hfollmann at helium.itcfollmann.com>,
Henning Follmann  <hfollmann at itcfollmann.com> wrote:
>On 2021-02-10, Python <python at python.invalid> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   If you had to train engineers who are used to write
>> Python scripts for image processing, data format conversion,
>> etc. (so they know most the basics of Python types and
>> programming structures except advanced OOP techniques)
>> who now are about to develop quite a big application
>> in the same field (to get rid of some well known proprietary
>> scientific software monoliths), and would like to study in-depth
>> an existing open source application in order to study how
>> to organize classes hierarchy, modules, packages, etc. which
>> one would you recommend ?
>>
>> P.
>
>Looks like you (the project leader?) needs training, not the
>software engineers.
>
>"Making Things Happen" by Scott Berkun

This looks like a very interesting book to add to my reading list, but
how do you think it will help the OP with his/her quest?

Of course your answer might just as well be: read the book! But since
you clearly did that already, what knowledge did you gain that triggered
this response?
--
[J|O|R] <- .signature.gz