print('\N{flag: Mauritius}') not supported in py3.9

boB Stepp robertvstepp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:22:49 EST 2021

On 21/12/22 12:14PM, Python wrote:
>On 30/11/2021 12.31, Cameron Simpson wrote:
>> On 30Nov2021 10:59, DL Neil <PythonList at DancesWithMice.info> wrote:
>
>>> I've nominated Kitty as
>>> Fedora's default terminal. We'll see how it goes with work-loads beyond
>>> raising the flag...
>>
>> I'd like to hear how that goes down the track. If I find myself on a
>> Linux desktop again a good terminal emulator would be very welcome.
>

>(given that @A-R has brought this thread back-to-life)
>

>I have been surprised/shocked/horrified/annoyed to discover that the
>(Linux) clipboard is not accessible from "Kitty".

Huh?  I use kitty and copy to and from the clipboard all the time.
     1) ctrl+shift+c Copy to clipboard
     2) ctrl+shift+v Paste from the clipboard
     3) Using mouse to select text automatically copies it to the primary clipboard.
     4) Middle-click of mouse to paste from the primary clipboard.

--
Wishing you only the best,
boB Stepp

Speeches are like steer horns -- a point here, a point there and a lot of bull
in between.
     -- E. Anderson