print('\N{flag: Mauritius}') not supported in py3.9

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Tue Dec 21 18:14:04 EST 2021

On 30/11/2021 12.31, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> On 30Nov2021 10:59, DL Neil <PythonList at DancesWithMice.info> wrote:

>> I've nominated Kitty as
>> Fedora's default terminal. We'll see how it goes with work-loads beyond
>> raising the flag...
>
> I'd like to hear how that goes down the track. If I find myself on a
> Linux desktop again a good terminal emulator would be very welcome.

(given that @A-R has brought this thread back-to-life)

I have been surprised/shocked/horrified/annoyed to discover that the
(Linux) clipboard is not accessible from "Kitty".

Go on, I dare you to remind me that good-old 'dumb-terminals' didn't
have 'clipboards'...
(neither did they have to cope with Unicode, emoticons, or national flags!)

Accordingly, having developed an idea in the REPL (running within
Kitty), could not later copy-paste into a Python module or tutorial text
(nor, next time the situation arises, to be able to illustrate an answer
to a question posted 'here').

Am somewhat in disbelief, and my fingers feel slightly singed. Grump!
(or its seasonal variation: "Grinch")

Am open to further non-terminal, terminal suggestions...

(during my post-op recovery period, am hoping to experiment with another
Linux distro (and Window Manager), which may alter the playing-field...)

Meantime, casting-off the terminal-Grinch, compliments of the season to
you...
--
Regards,
=dn