cant use certain commands, leading to more problems

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 10:09:29 EDT 2021

On 4/28/21 4:00 AM, Rasig Kosonmontri wrote:
> so i heard that the microsoft store's version of python tends to hide
> itself. and so i uninstalled it
> but when i typed in to a powershell it just directs me to the
> mircrosoft store's page
> i then disabled it from doing that and install python from python.org
>  myself
> but for some weird reason this time it doesnt work at all, 'python' is
> somehow not recognized as a cmdlet, bash or command. this also happens with
> gitbash and cmd

If you installed Python from an installer from python.org, did you tell
it to put itself into your system PATH? If not, try manually adding the
bin folder where it installed to to your system path.

As to gitbash, that's an issue with your PATH as well, probably.

> ive tried repairing python but still doesnt work
> if you guys have an idea or a solution to this please let me know or help
> me through

Definitely read through the installation documentation:
https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html