"py.ini" question

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Mon Apr 26 13:48:28 EDT 2021

> On 24 Apr 2021, at 20:56, Gisle Vanem <gisle.vanem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On that, I'm getting:
>  Requested Python version (0) not installed
>
> Is that '-0' some 3.9+ feature?

No its a lot older then 3.9 I cannot remember when -0 was first supported
but I've been using -0 for a long long time.

I using the explorer to find c:\windows\py.exe and checked its Properties.
In the Details tar it says that the "Product version" is 3.10.0a5

I think that py.exe gets updated to the highest version.

What does your py.exe show its version as?

Also Are you sure that you are running c:\windows\py.exe?

What happens if you try running c:\windows\py.exe -0?

Barry