"py.ini" question

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Apr 25 12:51:20 EDT 2021

On 24/04/2021 15:23, Gisle Vanem wrote:
> I have a question about the Python launcher;
>    c:\Windows\py.exe and the py.ini file.
>
> I have both Python 3.6 (32-bit) and Python 3.8 (64-bit)
> installed. And I have a 'c:\Users\Gisle\AppData\Local\py.ini'
> with this only:
>    [defaults]
>    python=3.6

I don't really use python on Windows so don't use this file.

However, based on some of the other responses, what happens
if you don't specify a version? ie. just type

py -c "...

And also what happens if you add an explicit python3 line as
in Barry's example:

    [defaults]
    python=3.6
    python3=3.6

As I say, pure speculation on my part. But if it helps...

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site