do ya still use python?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 23:47:49 EDT 2021

On Mon, Apr 19, 2021 at 5:55 PM Jon Ribbens via Python-list <
python-list at python.org> wrote:

> On 2021-04-20, Paul Rubin <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:
> > Ethan Furman <ethan at stoneleaf.us> writes:
> >> List, my apologies -- not sure how that one got through.
> >
> > It was trollishly written but was a reasonable observation on the state
> > of the Usenet group.  I didn't realize it had come through (or reached)
> > the mailing list.  Anyway the state of affairs for us Usenet die-hards
> > isn't so great.
>
> Why do you say that? The group seems quite lively to me
> (and no I'm not counting spam etc).

Actually, this list is less busy than it was a decade or two ago, but
that's probably because of things like stackoverflow, python-dev, pypy-dev,
cython-devel, python-ideas, distutils-sig, issue trackers, code-quality,
and probably others.

There was a time when most python-related discussion happened here on
python-list/comp.lang.python.