Horrible abuse of __init_subclass__, or elegant hack?

Alan Gauld alan.gauld at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 2 19:05:30 EDT 2021

On 02/04/2021 21:33, dn via Python-list wrote:

> Bournville was the only Cadbury chocolate I would
> consider. Today, even that seems to lack

Cadbury has always been a budget chocolate brand(*) here;
its a mass market option loaded with sugar and little
else. Certainly doesn't compare to Suchards, Lindt,
Nestle or Green & Black, or even Lidl's own brand:
Fin Carre (especially their "Rich Dark" milk choco!
mmmm).

(*)I'm guessing Hershey is the equivalent stateside?

> conversation) it is worth noting that the Cadbury brothers had some
> ideas about caring for workers/contributors in similar manner to PSF's
> interests in egalitarianism and diversity - certainly a quality-of-life
> beyond those of the often quoted 'advances' credited to Henry Ford.

Indeed, social engineering that to some extent still
exists today.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site