Problem

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 22:21:41 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-30, Mirko via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:

> We are seeing these troubles from newcomers on Windows all of the
> time -- and that for years. Isn't it time to ask if the way Python
> installs itself on Windows-Systems is appropriate?

And that's been asked every few months for years.

Time and time again, people suggest that the installer should be
tweaked to end with a page explaining how to run python, or that some
sort of "launcher" or other be added.  Those sound like good ideas to
me (even though I'm not sure exactly what the "launger" suggestion
is), but I'm a Linux user, so what do I know?

--
Grant