error in install.sh

2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com 2QdxY4RzWzUUiLuE at potatochowder.com
Wed Sep 30 08:49:13 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-30 at 13:27:43 +0100,
RobH <rob at despammer.com> wrote:

> I had to do a reinstall of my linux system due to a faulty ssd, and have a
> problem with a install.sh script.The said script is included in with lcd
> files. which I downloaded from github.
>
> When I run ./install.sh, it fails at
> ./install.sh: line 34: syntax error: unexpected end of file.
>
> I don't know what the syntax should be here;
>
> These are the last 4 lines in the script, and if I count the spaces then:
>
> echo "Should be now all finished. Please press any key to now reboot. After
> rebooting run"
> echo "'sudo python demo_lcd.py' from this directory"
> read -n1 -s <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I think this is the line in question
> sudo reboot

I'm not sure that this is a Python problem, but usually "unexpected end
of file" errors are due to missing or mismatched quotes.  Basically, the
interpreter (Python, shell, or whatever) detects an opening quoute and
doesn't find the matching closing quote until it runs off the end of the
file (or the script).

I'd check with other users or the support system of that specific script
("lcd files" isn't enough for me to know where it came from), or check
any modifications you may have made to it.