Audacity and pipe_test.py

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 21:40:53 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-13, Steve <Gronicus at SGA.Ninja> wrote:
> "There is no promise on time.sleep() that the program will restart exactly
> when the time expires."
>
> No precision needed, +- two minutes is acceptable, even three..  In my
> tests, I see scarcely three seconds difference.  No problem.
>
> As for ENDIF, ENDWHILE,
> "But they have no syntactic meaning, and may get out of sync with the
> indentation."
>
> Being comments, will have no effect of indents.

Exactly. That's the problem.

> I use them strictly to see the structure and usually for long
> segments of code only.

The problem is that since they're comments, the compiler can't warn
you when there's a mistake.  After the code has been edited a few
times, they will end up being wrong and misleading.

If you can't see the structure of the code by looking at the code,
then you're doing something wrong.  Fix the code (or use a better
editor). Adding comments to try to clarify the flow of poorly
structured code just ends up making the problem worse later on when
the comments are wrong.  And they will end up being wrong.