Audacity and pipe_test.py

Steve Gronicus at SGA.Ninja
Sun Sep 13 16:45:52 EDT 2020

"There is no promise on time.sleep() that the program will restart exactly
when the time expires."

No precision needed, +- two minutes is acceptable, even three..  In my
tests, I see scarcely three seconds difference.  No problem.

As for ENDIF, ENDWHILE,
"But they have no syntactic meaning, and may get out of sync with the
indentation."

Being comments, will have no effect of indents. I use them strictly to see
the structure and usually for long segments of code only.

-----Original Message-----
From: Python-list <python-list-bounces+gronicus=sga.ninja at python.org> On
Behalf Of Dennis Lee Bieber
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2020 3:06 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: Audacity and pipe_test.py

On Sat, 12 Sep 2020 14:23:25 -0400, "Steve" <Gronicus at SGA.Ninja> declaimed
the following:

>You are correct.  I use the py timer to pause the commands being sent
>to the pipe.  There seems to be something fluky about that too.  It
>looks as if when I have four or more do_commands, it doesn't run as a
>timer.  Takes more scrutiny...

	time.sleep() is not a "timer" per se. In most implementations it is
a blocking call to the operating system; the OS suspends the task and gives
the CPU to another task until the requested delay expires, after which the
task is placed onto the "ready queue" to /eventually/ continue running. In a
system with lots of high priority tasks, that "eventually" could be a long
time.

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/