Error 0xc000007b on opening python

J.O. Aho user at example.net
Fri Oct 2 11:34:29 EDT 2020

On 02/10/2020 12:15, Nipur Gupta wrote:
> I've downloaded python 3.6.0 64 bits but whenever I try to open idle, it
> doesn't open and displays error 0xc000007b. I've tried everything from
> reinstalling to updating windows and visual c++ but it's still the same.

There seems to be quite many things that can cause this, you can try to
reinstall driectx and .net frameworks, just see to install the right
version, don't use a 32bit version of the packages on your 64bit
microsoft windows installation.

> I'm using windows 8.1 64 bit...Please help me in this regard

There is always the option of upgrading, go and visit
https://distrowatch.com and install the flavor you thinks fit your best.

--

  //Aho