SaveAs on macOS Catalina.

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Sat May 9 02:46:45 EDT 2020

Am 09.05.20 um 04:37 schrieb Bev In TX:

>> On May 8, 2020, at 8:29 PM, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>>
>> https://bugs.python.org/issue40553
>>
> On macOS The default Save/Save as dialogs are short, only displaying a few major folders along with Favorites and Recents.  That dialog doesn’t display folder contents.  However, you can get an expanded dialog by clicking on the little arrow to the right of the Where box.  Using that dialog allows one to select any folder and displays folder contents.
>
> I tried using both Save and Save as, and was unable to duplicate the problem with either the short or the long dialog.
>
> Python 3.8.2
> macOS Catalina 10.15.4

Can it be a problem with the underlying Tk version? If so, it would be
helpful to isolate the Tk call and convert it to an equivalent Tcl
script for the core developers to test.

Fairly recently, Tk has got many bugfixes because of changes in OSX.
Here is the file that implements the file dialogs:

https://core.tcl-lang.org/tk/artifact/d72cdfbcbfaa717f

and the history:

https://core.tcl-lang.org/tk/finfo?name=macosx/tkMacOSXDialog.c&m=d72cdfbcbfaa717f

As you can see, it has been touched two days ago (!) to restore some
window behaviour, which was switched of because of Catalina last August
(this commit)
https://core.tcl-lang.org/tk/info/59b1d265c2444112

	Christian