Python question

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:57:15 EDT 2020

On 3/11/20 8:47 PM, DL Neil via Python-list wrote:
> Didn't someone once claim "do no harm"?
>
> There are two sides to every story! Rather than changing the (Discussion
> List) server, which affects everyone; ask those who don't like Google's
> tactics/behavior to change their (email) client!

In Gmail's case it's a matter of not using gmail at all, as their
mailing list -breaking behavior happens whether you use IMAP and
thunderbird.  I work around gmail's breakage right now by using my own
SMTP server for sending messages to the list, so gmail won't recognize
my messages and discard them.

I could leave gmail, but it's not worth it for me at this point.  Python
is the only mailing list left of all the open source projects I used to
follow. It's pretty sad how they all abandoned a format that works very
well for web based formats.