Python question

Mr. Lee Chiffre lee.chiffre at secmail.pro
Thu Mar 5 20:49:14 EST 2020

Thank you Marco for at least taking the time to read my message even if you do not agree with me on things. And no disrespect to you. But I came here for python related questions and help. Not to be called suspicious and untrustworthy only because I am concerned about security of users and for being a advocate of privacy. Then to call for me to be censored is just ludicrous.

> People of Python List, I strongly discourage you to support this user.
> He is quite suspicious for the following reasons:
>
> 1. he go so far as he offers money for, IMHO, a trivial task

I said I am a python noob. This is why I asked for help. And I see no issue in offering payment for a programming task.

> 2. he does not trust binaries from pip.

What is the point of open source if you cannot compile from source code?

> code. A lack of trust in open source projects that is quite unusual
> 3. I don't trust any cryptocurrency.

Not unusual. People use open source because they dont trust closed source. Binaries that someone else compiled is not open source.

> I believe in privacy,  but not in financial privacy. Yes,
> cryptocurrencies can be useful for circumvent bans from tyrannic
> states. But they can, and _are_ used, primarily to:
>  - wash dirty money, by criminals and mafias
>  - evade taxes
>  - buy highly unethical "products", like weapons... and who know what
> other
>  - finance tyrannies.

Roads and cars are used by drug dealers. Stop using roads and cars. Cash is used by criminals. Stop using cash. Internet is used by child abusers. Stop supporting the internet. I am offended that you group me with criminals and baddies because I support technological privacy.

> I do _not_ think that all people that uses cryptocurrencies are
> criminals. I had, for example, some co-workers that invested in
> BitCoins, only for profit.
>
> But I do not trust this man, and I hope no one will offer support to
> him. By my side, I'll report this discussion to moderators.

That is fine if you dont like something. You dont have to help me out if you dont want to. But trying to censor me is unethical. Hopefully other people will have the logic to make decisions for themselves and give me help on python if they choose to do so.

I hope my reply does not get censored. I am being reasonable here. And if you are wondering why I am "paranoid", you would be too if you are dealing with a server that might host a hot wallet. I dont want my server getting hacked just because I was too lazy to compile my own code. And it is not uncommon for binaries of open source projects to be injected with malware.