pyinstaller

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Thu Jun 11 05:16:52 EDT 2020

> On 10 Jun 2020, at 14:46, Robin Becker <robin at reportlab.com> wrote:
>
> I'm sure this has come up before, but a tiny pyinstaller created exe is being seen as malware by windows 10.
>
> Is there any way to create simple single file applications which don't get this treatment?

Submit the .exe to Microsoft so they can update the virus definitions to remove your false positive.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission <https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission>

I did this for one of my open source projects and Microsoft fixed the false problem in a few days for me.

Barry