repair modify uninstall

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 22:38:53 EDT 2020

On 6/10/20 2:09 PM, DL Neil via Python-list wrote:
> On 10/06/20 11:26 PM, Silvia Aminul wrote:
>>     I tried installing Python for windows 10 (the latest version of python for
>>     windows )
>>
>>     And after downloading and trying to launch it keeps saying repair modify
>>     uninstall I tried looking for solution and it was suggested I might have
>>     downloaded python twice so I uninstalled python from the core (control
>>     panel )
>
> Please refer to the (extensive) Python documentation and advise if this
> page answers your question, or is insufficient for your purposes:
> https://docs.python.org/3/using/windows.html

Since this comes up on a weekly basis, perhaps the installer should open
that web page to section 3.8.1 after a successful installation.  Maybe
users would read that short section and not try to run the installer
over and over again.  Or since that can be annoying, a prominent "how to
get started" link to click on.  I dunno.

I'm not sure why users think the installer is the python interpreter
after running it the first time, but apparently many do.