Trouble with version 3.8

Jim Parinisi jimandkimparinisi at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 1 16:54:45 EDT 2020

 I had been using python 3.6 on two computers with windows 7 and windows 10.  We bought a windows 10 machine and I installed python 3.8 on it.  Many of my python apps failed with an error similar to this:
 File "C:\Python38\lib\os.py", line 818, in fsdecode    filename = fspath(filename)  # Does type-checking of `filename`.TypeError: expected str, bytes or os.PathLike object, not list
I looked online and could not find any solutions to my problem.  So, I uninstalled v3.8 and installed v3.6. Version 3.6 worked.
Any advice on how to fix version 3.8 would be appreciated.