Dowloading package dependencies from locked down machine

Andrew McLean lists at andros.org.uk
Sun Jul 26 08:33:57 EDT 2020

At work my only Internet access is via a locked-down PC. The IT
department are not willing to install Python on it [1]. Ideally I would
download packages and their dependencies from PyPi using "pip download"
at the command line. Any better solutions than downloading the package
in a browser, finding its dependencies manually, downloading these and
so on recursively?

My dream solution would be for PyPi to provide a link to a zip file that
bundled up a package and its dependencies, but I realise that this is
probably a very niche requirement.

- Andrew

[1] Apparently they think installing Python would be incompatible with
their Cyber Essentials Plus security accreditation, although it's
apparently fine to have Microsoft Office 365 with a build in VBA
interpreter!