An I connected here?

Steve Gronicus at SGA.Ninja
Fri Jul 17 20:05:13 EDT 2020

Thanks for the verification.  I received my original message back and that
also shows success in my attempt.  The first message had no such copy back
so it went off somewhere...

Thanks for the guidance but I always try to make the subject line pertinent
and explanatory.  It is the selling point to get results.

I will repost it later.

FootNote:
If money does not grow on trees, then why do banks have branches?

-----Original Message-----
From: Python-list <python-list-bounces+gronicus=sga.ninja at python.org> On
Behalf Of Grant Edwards
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2020 4:13 PM
To: python-list at python.org
Subject: Re: An I connected here?

On 2020-07-17, Rhodri James <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk> wrote:
> On 17/07/2020 19:33, Steve wrote:
>
>> I posted a request for assistance about a week ago, no response.  I
>> also see very little traffic here, less than there used to be.  Has
>> something gone wrong with my set up?
>
> No, nothing's wrong.  I can't answer for anyone else and I can't
> recall your specific question, but I suspect you were asking about
> something I know nothing about and wasn't sufficiently intrigued to go
find out about.

And if it's not clear from the subject line that it _is_ something somebody
knows/cares about, then that somebody is unlikely to read the body of the
message.

Subject lines like "help me please" or "Python doesn't work" or "An I
connected here" are likely to be ignored by most of the people who probably
know how to help.  There are a few kind souls who make a habit of reading
those, dog bless em.  [I'm not one of them, I only read this by accident.]

That said, there is definitely less traffic these days.  I assume it's a
continuation the gradual abandonment of usenet/email in favor of various
almost-entirely-useless web "forums".

--
Grant