An I connected here?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 16:12:42 EDT 2020

On 2020-07-17, Rhodri James <rhodri at kynesim.co.uk> wrote:
> On 17/07/2020 19:33, Steve wrote:
>
>> I posted a request for assistance about a week ago, no response.  I
>> also see very little traffic here, less than there used to be.  Has
>> something gone wrong with my set up?
>
> No, nothing's wrong.  I can't answer for anyone else and I can't recall
> your specific question, but I suspect you were asking about something I
> know nothing about and wasn't sufficiently intrigued to go find out about.

And if it's not clear from the subject line that it _is_ something
somebody knows/cares about, then that somebody is unlikely to read the
body of the message.

Subject lines like "help me please" or "Python doesn't work" or "An I
connected here" are likely to be ignored by most of the people who
probably know how to help.  There are a few kind souls who make a
habit of reading those, dog bless em.  [I'm not one of them, I only
read this by accident.]

That said, there is definitely less traffic these days.  I assume it's
a continuation the gradual abandonment of usenet/email in favor of
various almost-entirely-useless web "forums".

--
Grant