Tkinter layout designer

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Tue Feb 25 01:32:47 EST 2020

Am 24.02.20 um 22:29 schrieb mm0fmf:
> Can anyone recommend a graphic layout designer for Tkinter programs.

There is no such thing for Tkinter. There is an outdated designer for Tk
called Visual Tcl, but it can generate only Tcl code, not TkInter, and
uses only old-style widgets.

> have a number of older C# Windows Forms apps that need porting so they
> can run on Linux and Windows and this is the chance to re-write them in
> Python. However, after using the forms designer in Visual Studio,
> manually coding up the widget positions etc. is a real pain in the
> backside

> So please, recommendations for a designer that is usable and functional
> please to save me working through everything a Google search throws up.

If you want a designer, use QT, which brings the Qt Designer. Be careful
though - if you misuse them, you can end up with inflexible GUIs, where
changes in the font or display resolution can mess up your interface.
Always test that your windows act sensibly upon resizing.

	Christian