Debian testing and virtual environment error message

songbird songbird at anthive.com
Sun Dec 27 12:11:13 EST 2020

Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 28, 2020 at 2:56 AM songbird <songbird at anthive.com> wrote:
...needed to pull a few more things from unstable...
> Ah, yep, that makes sense. I was a tad concerned about the mismatch of
> versions, but honestly, I don't think I've ever installed Python from
> testing or unstable (unless I'm running the entire distro on testing).
> It's much much easier and safer to keep the system Python untouched,
> and then build my own from source; my "python3" command, at the
> moment, runs 3.10 pre-alpha.

  it seems that if there is a dependency between these than it
should have be declared so they won't migrate to testing
independently.  i'm not sure it is worth filing a bug about
since the transition is not completed yet anyways.

  i run testing on my day to day system because i do want to find
bugs before they make it to stable, especially for the things i
use every day.

  i'm not using the testing distribution for hard production tasks
so if it breaks and i do need to get on-line i have a few other
different bootable partitions or even a USB stick just in case.

  songbird