Installing python3 modules

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 26 14:40:31 EST 2020

On Sat, 26 Dec 2020, Terry Reedy wrote:

> Separate 'pip' executables can be ambiguous as to which python they will
> invoke. Some people consider them a mistake.

Terry,

Until there's no more python2 it can remain confusing.

I found part, if not all, of my problem. The SlackBuild scripts for
multi-version python modules (such as Pygment) have install instructions for
both python2 and python3, in that order. Since there's a python2 version
installed the script installs Pygment (and others) there and not also in the
python3 site-packages/ directory.

>> so how do I get pip
>> and all other python modules in the python3.9/site-packages/ directory?

Fixed.

Thanks,

Rich