Issue in installing Python (Windows 10)

Debasis Chatterjee debchat1955 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 12:39:58 EDT 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Debasis Chatterjee <debchat1955 at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 11:06 AM
Subject: Issue in installing Python (Windows 10)
To: <python-list at python.org>

Hi

I started off by using "python-3.8.5.exe".

I use "Run as Administrator" option to click this (provide my local-admin
username/pwd).

After this, I see python shell available. But no IDLE. Not sure why?
>From CMD, I can check "pip list". Surprisingly, it shows me packages that I
installed earlier, before deinstalling and reinstalling.

I am doing all these steps because earlier my program could not see
installed packages although I could see using "pip list".

Something is not right. Hence I am trying to make a fresh restart.

One thing odd is that even after removing installed program (Python) from
control panel, I still find that from "Start".

Please help.

Thank you

Debasis Chatterjee