Final statement from Steering Council on politically-charged commit messages

J. Pic jpic at yourlabs.org
Wed Aug 19 06:12:47 EDT 2020

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 3:33 AM Tim Daneliuk <info at tundraware.com> wrote:

> I would also like to help you become educated.  Be sure to check
> out these literary treasures - they are the foundation of the
> worldview you are espousing:
>

> The_Origin of the Family, Private Property, and the State - Engels
>
> Das Kapital - Marx
>
> On Guerrilla Warfare - Mao

FYI, these are studied in the first year "General knowledge" course of
the political science curriculum in France and are really hard to take
seriously nowadays. They are just filled with contradictions that have
been disproven literally thousands of times, just reading the text
you'll see that it can't even hold up to its own promises even in
theory.

That said, I think you are going to have hard times demonstrating how
these are the foundations of the worldview in question to people who
haven't followed a serious polsci curriculum, we're mostly engineers
here, we pay taxes that pay politicians with actual polsci curriculum
to take care of this debates, I don't want to be forced to stand up
against the demagogy here, extremes just feed one another, and this
commit message operation is clearly pushing people to express their
disagreement in the booth by voting right (not alt-right, not
far-right, just right).

--
∞