Fwd: Sorry, but . . .

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 00:00:01 EDT 2020

On 4/28/20 2:41 PM, Ganesha Sharma wrote:
> When I was installing Python 3.8.2, The installer gave me a BSoD. Is there
> a way to fix that? I tried 3.6.2 but with Add to Path, with
> environment variables off, it did not work. I just want the full Python,
> but can you ask the developers to fix that in Python 3.9? That would be
> great, or I just have to use repl.it to program. Python is my favorite
> programming language and I love it.
> I can't even use Pip! It's just adding python to the path manually is so
> scary.

Sorry to hear you got a BSoD while running the installer. This is not a
usual occurrence, and is not generally happening to other users (on
Windows of course).  It's impossible to say what's causing this BSoD.
With modern versions of Windows, this is usually because of a hardware
fault or a bad driver.  There's really nothing Python developers can do
about this. This isn't a bug in the installer.  Rather the installer is
triggering something on your Windows system that isn't quite right.

You did not state where you got the installer from, or the operating
system version and hardware you were installing on.  Getting the
official installer from python.org is always recommended.  Have you
tried it on other machines?

When you say you tried 3.6.2 and it "did not work," what do you mean by
that?  Please describe the problem, and include copy and pasted error
messages (not screenshots) from the command prompt.

Glad you enjoy Python. Yes, it is a great language.