python read line by line and keep indent

hnasr9999 at gmail.com hnasr9999 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 19:10:12 EDT 2020

Hi;

I am reading a Python file and find an specific line, replace a text and then write back to the file.

When I check back the file, I am getting indent error.

How to fix this issue.

        reading_file = open("myfile.py", "r")
        new_file_content = ""
        for line in reading_file:
            stripped_line = line.strip()
#            print (stripped_line)
            if (stripped_line.find('siteip = ') != -1):
                stripped_line = "siteip = \"%s\"" %(siteip)
            new_line = stripped_line
            new_file_content += new_line +"\n"
        reading_file.close()
        writing_file = open("myfile", "w")