A PDF journey to find all python PDF

anson freer ansonfreer at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 15:02:37 EDT 2020

This forum mentioned the Tutor forum so I signed up
I waited a day or 2 heard nothing so I sent msg
got  Post by non-member to a members-only list
replied to apologized and
received auto msg
part of which gave do's and don't's of forum
then I realized I asked a really lame question
Might take years for a answer
When all fails YOUTUBE
A youtube 3part vidio said I need a
PDFParser= pdfminer or pdf 2020 4.1
PDFDocument=a text file like notes???
PDFPageInterpreter= no reslts
PDFDevice+??????
Then
I found Pycon 2018!
Looked at the 30min+ forums and understood 0
then little by little learned about REGEX and test and Asychronous
So..
I needed a PDF text reader
found
Python Software Foundation [US] pypi.org/project/pdfminer/#files
then there is Search Projects
I typed pdf and many pop up
pdf 2020.4.1 =
Python library for parsing PDFs
I can find anything PDF
It seems like Pdf is a mother with many children all with different fathers
But no kid knows or talk to each other
There are questions
Do I make new DIR just for python and its results?
Does the dnload go in my programs like 3.8.2 does
warning on Python Software Foundation
"Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose,
learn more about installing packages."
Is my platform python?
pdf 2020 4.1 is newer than pdfminer
which one?
Best practices for python? short ver
The journey
All forums want to help
I did horse handicapping and Access fourms
At first a few gave all the VBA code I needed 40+years ago
Then I was reminded I needed to do the work
Then I got questions and understood what those kind coders meant
AND YET I ASKED A LAME QUESTION!
thank you for being patient