Python version and Apache mod_python mismatching version

frank.scarpa at gmail.com frank.scarpa at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 06:19:17 EDT 2020

Hello,

I have a Centos7 web server with python 2.7 installed and I want Apache to serve python scripts so I figure I have to install mod_python: i know that this module is deprecated, but I need it only for internal pourposes.
Is the mod_python version (which is 3.5 with Python 3 support) somehow related to  the python interpreter the web server?
Is there any problem if the mod_python version and python version didn't match?