How to get only valid python package index

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Tue Sep 24 01:11:22 EDT 2019

Vijay Kumar Kamannavar <vijaykumar.ppsg at gmail.com> writes:
> As per https://pypi.org/simple/ we have ~2,00,000 packages. i feel there
> are lot of packages found to be dummy/Experimental. Where can we get the
> properly maintained package list for python?

In addition of what Paul already wrote:
"https://pypi.org/simple" is an interface for programs
(such as "pip" or "buildout") not for human users.
Use "pypi.org" directly for an interface for humans.

"pypi.org" allows you to filter by "classifier".
There are many kinds of "classifier"s, among them "Development Status".
It allows you to restrict searches to "stable" releases
(to exclude e.g. "experimental" versions).
You can also take into account the version number. Often, an "a" (= "Alpha")
or "b" (= "Beta") in the version number indicates, that the author
does not yet consider the version fully/reliably/generally operational.

As Paul pointed out: all information on "PyPI" is provided by
the authors and, therefore, is not necessarily reliable.
That said, I have met only isolated packages which were not usable
(according to my standards - which may be very different from yours).