How to only read words within brackets/ parentheses (in .txt file) using Python

A S aishan0403 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 11:16:31 EDT 2019

I understand that reading lines in .txt files would look something like this in Python:

with open('filename','r') as fd:
   lines = fd.readlines()

However, how do I run my code to only read the words in my .txt files that are within each balanced parenthesis?

I am not sure how to go about it, let's say my .txt file contents lines like this:

kkkkk;

select xx("xE'", PUT(xx.xxxx.),"'") jdfjhf:jhfjj from xxxx_x_xx_L ;
quit;

/* 1.xxxxx FROM xxxx_x_Ex_x */
proc sql; "TRUuuuth");
hhhjhfjs as fdsjfsj:
select * from djfkjd to jfkjs
(SELECT abc AS abc1, abc_2_ AS efg, abc_fg, fkdkfj_vv, jjsflkl_ff, fjkdsf_jfkj
FROM &xxx..xxx_xxx_xxE
   where (xxx(xx_ix as format 'xxxx-xx') gff &jfjfsj_jfjfj.) and
  (xxx(xx_ix as format 'xxxx-xx') lec &jgjsd_vnv.)
);

The main idea is to read only these portions of the .txt file (i.e. Those within parentheses):

 ("xE'", PUT(xx.xxxx.),"'") jdfjhf:jhfjj from xxxx_x_xx_L ;
quit;

/* 1.xxxxx FROM xxxx_x_Ex_x */
proc sql; "TRUuuuth")

(SELECT abc AS abc1, abc_2_ AS efg, abc_fg, fkdkfj_vv, jjsflkl_ff, fjkdsf_jfkj
FROM &xxx..xxx_xxx_xxE
   where (xxx(xx_ix as format 'xxxx-xx') gff &jfjfsj_jfjfj.) and
  (xxx(xx_ix as format 'xxxx-xx') lec &jgjsd_vnv.)
)

Any help will be truly appreciated