[RELEASED] Python 3.5.8rc2 is released

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Sat Oct 12 08:06:07 EDT 2019

On behalf of the Python development community, I'm relieved to announce
the availability of Python 3.5.8rc2.  It's been a month after Python
3.5.8rc1, and since then we've added a small amount of new code to fix
an API-level regression in http client, updated expat to 2.2.8, and
upgraded the required version of Sphinx from 1.2 to 1.8.  This is enough
change that I feel a second rc is indicated.  Assuming all is quiet,
3.5.8 final should come out in about two weeks.

This new version is a source-only release.

You can find Python 3.5.8rc2 here:

     https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-358rc2/

Hullo from PyCon IE,

/arry