Odd delays when cwd is on a network mount

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 22:45:54 EDT 2019

On 10/11/19, Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au> wrote:

> Python's default sys.path includes the current working directory.
> (Worse: at the front!)

Python normally sets the script directory at the front of sys.path to
allow a script to override site paths and the standard library. If
you're running the REPL, there's no script directory, so the working
directory is used. I think that's fine, but I'd prefer it to use the
absolute path of the working directory at startup instead of
dynamically tracking the current working directory.