How to delay until a next increment of time occurs ?

R.Wieser address at not.available
Thu Nov 14 04:00:05 EST 2019

Dennis,

> <sigh> Let's see if I can remember how to use my BK Precision
> 2542 scope...

:-) You didn't have to do that.  I was already planning to put my TDS 210
(tektronics) scope to work today, if only to see what the effect of
drift-compensated sleeps would be (inserting some print commands here and
there, maybe doing a search and/or grep at the same time too)

> O'scope screen grabs at:

The connection times out ...  Though that could be an effect of me using FF
52 (on XPsp3), which seems to lack the newest encryption standards.

> I had to use the max() function in the sleep() call as it was
> periodically failing with a negative sleep value,

It does ?    I was already thinking about that problem (some task might run
longer that the delta), but imagined the sleep would than just return
directly.   Oh well.

Regards,
Rudy Wieser