What is the difference between "ws.Messagebeep(1)" and "ws.Messagebeep(-1)" ?

David Raymond David.Raymond at tomtom.com
Thu Mar 21 10:29:54 EDT 2019

I'm assuming by ws you mean winsound?

Check the docs: https://docs.python.org/3.7/library/winsound.html

winsound.MessageBeep(type=MB_OK)

    Call the underlying MessageBeep() function from the Platform API. This plays a sound as specified in the registry. The type argument specifies which sound to play; possible values are -1, MB_ICONASTERISK, MB_ICONEXCLAMATION, MB_ICONHAND, MB_ICONQUESTION, and MB_OK, all described below. The value -1 produces a “simple beep”; this is the final fallback if a sound cannot be played otherwise. If the system indicates an error, RuntimeError is raised.

winsound.MB_ICONASTERISK

    Play the SystemDefault sound.

winsound.MB_ICONEXCLAMATION

    Play the SystemExclamation sound.