Python 3.4.10 is now available

Larry Hastings larry at hastings.org
Mon Mar 18 16:42:31 EDT 2019

On behalf of the Python development community, I'm proud--if slightly
sad--to announce the availability of Python 3.4.10.

Python 3.4.10 was released in "security fixes only" mode.  It only
contains security fixes, not conventional bug fixes, and it is a
source-only release.

Python 3.4.10 is the final release in the Python 3.4 series. As of this
release, the 3.4 branch has been retired, no further changes to 3.4 will
be accepted, and no new releases will be made.  This is standard Python
policy; Python releases get five years of support and are then retired.

If you're still using Python 3.4, you should consider upgrading to the
current version--3.7.2 as of this writing.  Newer versions of Python
have many new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes, which
should all serve to enhance your Python programming experience.

We in the Python core development community thank you for your interest
in 3.4, and we wish you all the best!

You can find Python 3.4.10 here:

    https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-3410/

One I completely finish the Python 3.4.10 release process, I will retire
as Python 3.4 Release Manager.  I'll still be Python 3.5 Release Manager
for another eighteen months or so.

Python 3.4 is OVER!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlGqN3AKOsA

//arry/