No option available for saving files

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri Jun 7 16:30:03 EDT 2019

On 6/7/2019 10:51 AM, Calvin Spealman wrote:
> The python shell is good for experimenting and testing some things out, but
> you are right it isn't for writing programs you actually re-use and run
> later. You can use any text editor you want, Visual Studio Code and Sublime
> Text are both popular, but anything will do at all. There is also a simple
> editor with integration for running Python included in the Python Windows
> installer, called IDLE. You should be able to find that in your start menu.
>
> On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 4:24 AM Shreya Joshi <shreya.mm.joshi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi ma’am/sir,
>> I’ve started using python Shell 3.6.8-32 bit executable installer on
>> windows OS. But there is no option to save or open a new file. This gives
>> an output after every line. But, I want to work on longer codes to execute
>> programs.
>>
>> Am I using the right interface? Please help.

An interactive shell is for experimentation a statement at a time.
You need an editor for longer code.  IDLE has both.  You can save its
Shell session to a file for later review or extraction of code that worked.

>> Here is a screenshot…

This is a text only mailing list with no attachments allowed, certainly
no images.

--
Terry Jan Reedy